The Board is appointed by the Chief Local Elected Official in every workforce area. The Niagara County Legislature appoints members in accordance with Federal and NY State requirements.
By law, local Workforce Development Boards are required to maintain at least a 51% representation from the business sector. The intent of this law is to develop a workforce development system based upon local business needs, which is accountable to all customers (business and individuals). The remaining board membership is composed of labor organizations and public sector representatives. The public sector membership brings to the board the perspective of partners in the workforce development system, organizations directly providing services to customers.
The Niagara County WDB is comprised of members representing many businesses and service agencies. The WDB’s goal is to maintain a membership that represents Niagara County's business and job seeking individual needs. Diversity is sought between small and large businesses, type of services and industry, and geographical location.
The Board membership includes the following members:
- Tom Austen, Wurlitzer Industrial Park
- Paul Brown, Plasterer's Local #9 & Apprenticeship
- Carolyn Bright, NYS Department of Labor
- Mary Lynn Candella, Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center
- Michael Capizzi, Michael's Restaurant
- Michael Carney, Niagara County Board of Elections
- Micheal Casale, Commissioner, Niagara County Department of Economic Development
- Joel Feuerman, Home Depot (WDB Chair)
- Susan Gouthro, General Motors
- Kathleen Granchelli, YWCA of the Niagara Frontier (Youth Committee Chair)
- John Helak, SMART Local 71
- Thomas Jaccarino, Niagara County Department of Social Services
- Dennis Martinez , ACCES VR (Special Population Committee Chair)
- Kevin McCabe, American Concrete of WNY
- Michael Martin, Native American Community Services of Erie and Niagara Counties
- Kevin Roth, K.S. Roth Insurance Agency
- Kory Schuler, Niagara USA Chamber (WDB Vice Chair)
- Suzanne Shears, Niagara Community Action Program, Inc.
- Joe Steinmetz, Orleans Niagara B.O.C.E.S.
- Shawn Williams, Bradt & Williams Insurance
- Jerald I. Wolfgang, Niagara County IDA, Niagara County Community Collage
- William Carroll,nCentix
- John Lang, Gothic Hill Production
- Tim Lederhaus, TRCW Inc.
- James Pane, Pane's Restaurant
The work of the Board is often conducted in committees, with each Board member having the responsibility to participate in at least one committee.